Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bouncing ball.


Our first animation assignment is as simple as it is: to create a realistic bouncing ball. This means we have to observe a ball when it bounces and recreate it in Maya without any stretch or squash animation methods.

I have already done this before a couple times, however the method and approach I learned here was a lot more clear and efficient. We played with dope sheet and graph editor, the two basic animation editor in Maya during class. After create a realistic ball, we can start to add different elements in the scene to create a 10 to 15 seconds short animation.

I put a bigger ball in the scene after I animated the first bouncing ball, and animated it with a different bouncing motion to define its heavier weight, and how it effects the lighter ball. Still a number of details need to be adjust in this scene, I'll be keep working on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment